At Tudor Academy, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life. At Tudor Academy, we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
Equality in Teaching and learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement.
We do this by:
• Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society. This includes additional provision within our Tudor Rose suite offering intensive and bespoke nurture support.
• Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community without stereotyping
• Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice
• Providing opportunities for pupils to value their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures
• Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education
Equality in Admissions and Exclusions
Our admissions arrangements are fair and transparent and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, religion, belief, disability and/or socio-economic background.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
All staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law.
The school has a full and separate Equalities Policy.
Please consult this for further details if you wish