The name STEP, an acronym, reflects the aspirational nature of the organisation – Striving Together for Excellence in Partnership. Inspired by the commitment to improve children’s life chances, STEP Academies work together to provide high quality learning experiences for all their pupils.
“STEP First” is the notion that, first and foremost, everyone is committed to being part of The STEP Academy Trust. All governors must be fully aligned to the Trust’s Mission and Vision. Although serving one or more particular Academies, governors are members of the wider STEP team. We are all one team, in one organisation, working towards the same goal: to be outstanding in all we do – STEP First!
STEP Governance Structure
Recent changes introduced by the Department for Education (DfE) allow academy trusts to establish a local governing body that is responsible for two or more academies.
Composition of the Strategic Governing Bodies (SGB)
The new Strategic Governing Bodies will have a maximum of 12 Governors as follows:
- Parent x2 (elected, ideally one from each Academy)
- Staff x2 (Headteachers)
- Staff x2 (elected, ideally one from each Academy)
- Board of Trustees Representative x1
- STEP Governors x5
- Temporary Co-Opted Governors (according to need)
It is the belief of the Board of Trustees that this new governance structure, underpinned by sound principles, will make best use of our strengths, will address our challenges and will provide the framework for each of our Academies to become Outstanding at the next opportunity.
Our Governing Body
- Minutes Applegarth and Wolsey SGB 24th September 2015
- Applegarth Wolsey SGB Minutes 29 February 2016
- Applegarth Wolsey SGB Minutes 6 June 2016 Applegarth & Wolsey SGB Mins 9th November 2015 doc .
- Applegarth Wolsey minutes Spring 1 SGB meeting
- AGA WJA 2016-17 SGB Final Minutes September 2016
- AGA WJA 2016-17 SGB Minutes Nov 16
- AGA WJA 2016-17 Standards Minutes Jan 17