Inspiring Excellence for All
The name STEP, an acronym, reflects the aspirational nature of the organisation – Striving Together for Excellence in Partnership. Inspired by the commitment to improve children’s life chances, STEP Academies work together to provide high quality learning experiences for all their pupils.
“STEP First” is the notion that, first and foremost, everyone is committed to being part of STEP Academy Trust. All governors must be fully aligned to the Trust’s Mission and Vision. Although serving one or more particular Academies, governors are members of the wider STEP team. We are all one team, in one organisation, working towards the same goal: to be outstanding in all we do – STEP First!
STEP Governance Structure
The Department for Education (DfE) allows academy trusts to establish a local governing body that is responsible for two or more academies.
Composition of the Academy Committee
In order to be functional, the composition of any AC responsible for two academies within STEP Academy Trust must meet the following minimum criteria:
- 1 Academy Leader Governor, ex-officio (the leader of the Academy);
- 1 Staff Governor (from the Academy, elected by members of staff);
- 2 Parent Governors (1 from each Academy, elected by parents/carers or appointed by the AC where no-one has stood for election);
- 2 Co-opted Governors (i.e. appointed by the AC).
It is the belief of the Board of Trustees that this new governance structure, underpinned by sound principles, will make best use of our strengths, will address our challenges and will provide the framework for each of our Academies to become Outstanding at the next opportunity.
Our Academy Committee
Mark Riddaway (Chair), Karen Harrison (Staff Governor TA), Fay Milward (Staff Governor AA), Sarah Lippett (Parent Governor), Christopher Mullan (Co-opted Governor), Eileen Riley (Co-opted Governor), Marcel Rizza (Co-opted Governor), Benjamin Vertannes (Co-opted Governor), John Halliwell (Executive Headteacher AA & TA ), Claire Majumdar (Headteacher TA), Gerard Brown (Head of School AA), Isobel Miskelly (Head of School TA), Nicki Gillespie (SBA AA & TA) and Lynn Bruce (Governance Clerk). AA & TDA 2018/19 Contact List AA & TDA SGB Attendance Record 2017/18 AA & WJA 2016/17 Contact List SGB Attendance Record 2016/2017 Business Interests 2016/17 AA & WJA 2016/17 Committee Membership
Academy Committee Minutes
- AC Minutes September 2019
- Minutes Applegarth and Wolsey SGB 24th September 2015
- Applegarth Wolsey SGB Minutes 29 February 2016
- Applegarth Wolsey SGB Minutes 6 June 2016 Applegarth & Wolsey SGB Mins 9th November 2015 doc .
- Applegarth Wolsey minutes Spring 1 SGB meeting
- AGA WJA 2016-17 SGB Final Minutes September 2016
- AGA WJA 2016-17 SGB Minutes Nov 16
- AGA WJA 2016-17 Standards Minutes Jan 17