What is the PE and Sport premium?
Over the past four years, the government has provided additional funding to help improve physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. The funding has been provided by the Department of Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and the money has gone directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for their pupils, in ways they think most appropriate and which will have the biggest impact for their school. The sports funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
· To continue to ensure all pupils are engaged in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy, active lifestyles
· To ensure equipment and resources are of maintained and renewed so that they are of an excellent standard in order to promote quality PE and sport
· To engage more children in clubs – particularly target groups (inactive/disengaged, PP, SEN)
· To give all pupils (including PP, SEN and G&T) opportunities to broaden experiences in a range of sports and physical activities, through both curricular and extra- curricular provision
· To provide greater opportunities to develop children’s understanding of healthy lifestyles